The Campus Office of Undergraduate Research Initiatives (COURI) seeks to advance undergraduate research participation and to enrich the overall undergraduate research experience of all students interested in science, engineering and mathematics.
The overall goal of the office is to use undergraduate research and the special training opportunities that it provides as the vehicle to prepare all students on campus to compete effectively for the best graduate and professional programs in the world and to prepare them to join a 21st century workforce that is globally engaged. To this end, the principal objectives are to:
- Support and enhance existing undergraduate student-faculty research projects.
- Initiate and support new undergraduate student-faculty research projects.
- Catalyze opportunities for undergraduate students and faculty to engage in research collaborations with other institutions and programs, both in the US and abroad.
- Showcase research conducted by UTEP undergraduate student-faculty teams
- Provide training to enhance curricular work