Publication Date

6-26-2015

Abstract

The Hotel Dieu Hospital, also known as the “Sisters' Hospital”, started when Father Ferrari asked Mother Marianna Flynn of the Community of the Daughters of Charity about training experienced nurses to care for sick and tubercular patients in the El Paso area. The Hospital opened in 1892 and closed in 1987. The Hotel Dieu Hospital collection, MS 102, dates from 1888 to 1901, bulk 1894, 1953 – 2001. Types of records include a blank check, a blank stock certificate, a biography of John P. Dieter, correspondence, annual reports, posters, postcards, photographs, copies of newspaper clippings, pamphlets, hospital ledgers, and floppy disks.

Share

COinS