Engineering contractors Stone & Webster, Inc. of Boston, Massachusetts, working in conjunction with the El Paso Electric Railway Company, replaced the old International Bridge on Stanton Street between Ciudad Juárez, Mexico and El Paso, Texas with a new structure of reinforced concrete in 1924. The existing wooden bridge, built in 1902, was no longer adequate to support the increased amount of traffic, including the electric trolley cars in use at that time. Mexico contributed the engineering plus the concrete used in the pilings, while the financing for the actual construction was supplied by the United States. The bridge was replaced again during the Chamizal settlement of the 1960s. Materials in the collection consist of typed and handwritten correspondence, field notes, technical engineering drawings, reports, memos, specifications, telegrams, accounting ledger book sheets, and cost estimates.