Trinity Methodist Church of El Paso, Texas, was founded in 1881, as the Union Sunday School by Rev. A.H. Sutherland, the presiding elder of the South and West Texas Conference, and Rev. John R. Carter. It was housed in a one-story adobe building at the corner of Mesa and San Antonio Streets. Rev. Carter served as the first minister from 1881-1884. When the congregation outgrew this structure, services were held in a tent erected at the corner of San Antonio and Kansas Streets until a new church could be built. The new frame church was dedicated January 29, 1882. The first session of the New Mexico Conference was convened here in 1890. As the business district encroached on the church, the building was sold and property at Mesa and Boulevard (now Yandell) was purchased. The cornerstone for the brick church was laid on April 29, 1906. In 1939, that structure was razed and a new sanctuary in the Spanish renaissance style was built. The collection contains materials that appear to have been compiled by Mrs. Frank D. Norwood and other members of the 90th Anniversary Committee. The bulk of the collection is research and transcription from a variety of newspapers, journals, and newsletters. Also included are photographs of the building, pastors, and members of committees, as well publications of the church, other El Paso Methodist churches, and other Methodist organizations.